Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Cows? Please.

Hello there - been a short while - no worries though! I've been out of town and have a ton of things to talk about... will get to that eventually.
In the meantime - I have a rant - what is up with all of this California Cheese? I think it's crap. Living in Wisconsin, I have a privileged cheese palate when it comes to what's available at the grocery stores. What really 'grinds my gears' (like my Family Guy reference?) is when I see the California Cheese commercials on television, they are so dumb! Wisconsin cows are 'Happy' too... not to mention that with our plethora of WISCONSIN-produced cheese options, we are lessening our carbon footprint by eating locally-produced products. So I think these California Cheese / Dairy Council people should save their freaking dough and market to a state that has a lack of great dairy products. Capeche?
I am a true cheese fan... I love my camembert, brie, smoked gouda, muenster, pecorino (thanks Annie), parmesan, feta, gorgonzola, alpine Swiss... I love 'em all. Fresh cheese curds? You'd better believe I dive in when they are available. I can't always afford to cough up the dough for such pricey cheeses, and that's why when I go cheap... I have my favorites.
There is simply no better value in a supermarket, than Sargento Cheese. I shop at Pick N' Save mainly, and they seem to always have a Sargento product on special, so it's not only friendly on my palate but on my bank account as well. My favorite product is the Reduced-Fat Pepperjack Cheese Slices, which are a great addition to an avocado and tomato sandwhich or just plain on their own aside some apple slices. As the only cheese eater in my house, it's nice to have the convenient slices vs. buying a brick and only eating half before it goes bad.
Sargento also started to market their Salad Finishers, most of them have bacon or chicken however the Cranberry Pecan product looks to be amazing for us vegetarians. I am going to watch for a coupon on these.
Anyway - thanks for reading my random cheese rant... more soon!

No comments: