I've been a little blue lately, for no good reason except this Sunday will be my 29th birthday.
I am thankful for all of the things in my life - the people, the places, all that I've earned and all that challenges me. However, turning 29 means one thing... I've got one year left before I turn 30.
The number is intimidating! 30. I don't feel that I will need to dramatically change how I live my life, or even tweak it. I do feel that I'm a balanced individual. However, it's the sentimental things that get to me... all of those things on my 'bucket list' that somehow need to be accomplished before I am officially in my thirties.
Ugh, thirties! Just typing it makes me cringe. Why? In 2010, I tried to live life to the fullest:
- Registered as a bone marrow donor
- Climbed Pikes Peak, alongside my Sister
- Traveled alone to two big cities - Chicago and San Francisco - for blogger conferences. Met tons of great people!
- Developed my blog and got more involved with the foodie / healthy living blog community.
- Rode on horseback through beautiful places - the Kettle Moraine of Wisconsin, and Garden of the Gods in Colorado
- Celebrated six years of love with Zak - and bought a house together
- Saw a ton of great concerts, continued to love my job
Despite all of this... I can't help but feel a little down about the age thing! I guess it's human to not want to get older?
To combat my blues, I've been Googling. Because Googling always helps. I searched, "What to do before you turn 30." Here are a few articles I found that are very decent:
Recordnet.com - 30 things to do before you turn 30
Socyberty - 30 Things to Do Before You Turn 30 and Reasons
(this is a less serious one)
Hubpages - 10 Things All Twenty-Somethings Need To Do Before Turning 30
How are you with birthdays / aging? Calm? Anxious?