Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Do you know where your blender is tonight?

It just occurred to me that I have no idea where my blender ended up after our recent move :-(
This saddens me greatly. As of late, I've been craving a delicious green monster (spinach smoothie). Argh, guess I will have to try making one in my food processor.
One of Zak's Christmas presents is also M.I.A. due to the move. It was in a Target bag in the basement, and is likely buried under stacked boxes in our storage area. Hope that I find it soon, otherwise he will be without the present.
I digress... tonight's lame-o dinner included some Health Valley split pea soup (vegetarian) and a toasted sandwich with hummus and havarti .
This soup has tons of fiber and protein per serving, and is low in fat but also lacks any flavor whatsoever. Yech. I doctored it up with some Cholula hot sauce (not pictured), salt and pepper.
The hummus and havarti sandwich was wonderful in texture, but uber bland in taste.
I added some spinach for freshness and crunch, and dipped the folded sammie into the soup to get in on the Cholula action.
Tonight was a productive evening in the kitchen. I made a huge batch of homemade hummus, this time adding 1/4 cup of leftover caramelized onions in addition to my standard couple cloves of garlic and 1/3 cup of green olives. I always say that the flavors need to meld overnight before the hummus reaches ass-kicking flavor levels, however I am trying some out right now and have to say... wow. Caramelized onions are a must from now on.
I also baked a bit, I made the Chocolate Peppermint Bark cookies that have been huge in the blogosphere. I subbed in whole wheat pastry flour for over half of the white flour (because I ran out), we'll see how they go over tomorrow and Wednesday.
I've been on a kick for Peppermint Bark, last night I tried out Meghann's recipe and tonight I attempted to cut it into pieces. Let's just say that crushed peppermint discs are sharp! I managed to break it into cute little portions.
Now, I am going to wrap some gifts and enjoy the guilty pleasure that is Golden Girls... for the next hour. Gawd, I love having cable. G'night!

No comments: