Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Gangsta Weekend "Up North"

In a couple hours, I will be headed to the great Northern area of Wisconsin, to a friend's vacation home at Presque Isle Lake. It's a 6 hour drive from Milwaukee, but I think it will be well-worth the drive to go somewhere off the grid. No television reception, no mobile phone service... just a group of friends, a cabin, probably a lot of booze and some good eats.
This location is also very exciting because of its proximity to Manitowish Waters and Little Bohemia, site of John Dillinger's infamous shootout with the F.B.I!
To be as historically accurate as possible, last summer's Johnny Depp flick Public Enemies (from Wisconsin native director Michael Mann) was shot on location, and I am super stoked to check it out. I can't wait to enjoy a cocktail at the bar, take the tour of the place (including J.D.'s room!) and enjoy a true "gangsta" photo shoot. Or is it, "mobsta?"
Oh, Johnny.
Photos to follow the weekend. Also in "Gangsta" news - I bought tickets for Snoop Dogg's Feb. 16 concert at the Metro in Chicago. Can't wait. It's been a good five years since I've last seen Snoop, and even before that was when I actually met him at a summer concert.
Isn't this photo so 2004? Love the trucker hat. Love my 'Wiscompton' shirt.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: