Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When it's 11 degrees outside

Hi, friends! How was your Hump Day?


I gotta level with you, January is a tricky time to be a Milwaukeean.
*Shudder*
Yep, that's what the next 24 hours are gonna be like in good ol' Milwaukee. Brrrrrrrr.


Anyhow, when it's freezing outside I like to trick myself by doing fun things, inside.


Like BodyPump!
image source
Side note - this is what you might find if you Google 'BodyPump goofy':
Awesome, but not quite what my gym's class is like.
I've been doing BodyPump classes at my gym for about a month now... and absolutely LOVE the program. If you're not familiar, it's a group fitness class where you basically lift weights to choreographed songs. You get a full workout in the hour-long class. 


A little more about the music, since I'm a geek like that: The songs vary by 'track' or program, but are generally modern and upbeat. Think of music pumping, bass thudding and everyone in the class grooving to the songs. It makes for a fun, motivating environment! If they added flashing lights and booze, it'd be like working out in a night club. 


Some of the playlists are older and kinda cheesy... but most of the ones I've heard, I like. There is a new 'track' coming out soon which I've heard features songs from Lady Gaga, Ke$ha and Mike Posner. Can't wait for that one.


The class I took tonight was instructed by Amy (Golds Gym - Milwaukee) - I've gotta say, she's the best. She has a high-energy, cheerleader-like personality and shouts out encouraging sentiments constantly. Even cooler, she created her own mix of BodyPump songs, with a heavy emphasis on Black Eyed Peas. Awesome, no?


Tonight's class was great and helped me temporarily forget the frigid temps outside. When I came home, I was pretty hungry. I was elated to see that Zak had dinner waiting for me:
Toasted up nice and crispy.

A burrito of sorts - vegetarian refried beans, sharp cheddar, roasted brussels sprouts and broccoli, all wrapped up in a spinach tortilla.


This was great and warmed my stomach. After dinner, I was happy to set up some new candles which arrived today: 
'Winter' by Bath + Body Works on the left

A silver-plated pinecone?
On the inside - 'Balsam' scented candle
The photo is from September, taken at the finish line of the Pikes Peak Challenge, aka the top of Pikes Peak. It was pretty chilly at the top, but looking at the photo reminds me of how warm and fuzzy we felt at the finish line :-) My sister gave me the framed photo for Christmas, what a lovely way to remember that moment with her.
Seesters on the left
And to finish out the night - not warm, but tasty. Some vanilla greek yogurt topped with bunnies. 
Fun times. 


Coming tomorrow - a review of Celestial Seasonings' new Fast Lane tea - and a giveaway! G'night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you,my dear, have a very twisted idea of "fun". During these frigid times, I find much more "FUN" sitting in front of a fire, watching mindless shows on TV (i.e. GLEE), sipping on rich hot cocoa (spiked with Bailey's!) :)

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com said...

:) Love the bunnies! :) Not the 11 degrees! :(