Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

F*ck it, I'm blogging tonight.

FRIENDS. How are ya? 


I've missed you. Well, for those of you with blogs, I've been enjoying reading and commenting and keeping up and in general, being a blogging enthusiast. 

But... I've missed blogging for my own self. When things get busy, I unfortunately let blogging slip down on my priority list. I've been up to other things like raising a puppy and trying to remain a sane individual.
Clay says: "Sanity? It's overrated!"
Tonight - I had a revelation. I was in bed and reading another dog training book, when I said to myself - "F*ck it. Tonight I am gonna blog!" So - here I am, and here we are.
My feelings, exactly!
Side note: My apologies if the language seems a tad brash. This is how I talk, sometimes!


The past couple months, I've occupied my time with attempting to train for a half marathon. I figured this would help me have an excuse to make time to exercise, and that I'd reduce my overall stress. Wrong! 


Turns out that while I'm a trooper during long runs, short weekday runs have stressed me out more than anything and as a result, I haven't done enough of them. I'm not too worried about the half... it will still be fun, but probably less comfortable than if I were able to fully commit to *every* training run.


So, I'm still learning. And that's okay, right? I'm also registered for a full marathon in October, so I'm technically training for that as well. And will be registering soon for the Pikes Peak Challenge, which is three weeks beforehand.


On my Agenda:
Summerfest Rock 'n Sole Half Marathon - Sunday, July 10 (Milwaukee, WI)
Pikes Peak Challenge: 13.1 Mile Hike to the summit - Saturday, September 10 (Colorado Springs, CO)
Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon - Sunday, October 2 (Milwaukee, WI)


What races / events are you getting excited about? 
A winter race that I'm thinking of possibly splurging on is the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon, because it's the day after the Urban Running Blogger Summit - December 3rd. Something  just calls out to me about several of my favorite bloggers being involved (Sarah aka SkinnyRunner hosting, Tina from Carrots 'N' Cake as the keynote speaker, and Janae from Hungry Runner Girl, Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers and Monica from Run Eat Repeat). And can you imagine the race course lining the infamous Vegas strip, all lit up at night with fountains and volcanoes and sinking treasure ships? Awesome.


So there you have it. I blogged tonight! And it feels gooooood. Time to get back to bed and that puppy training book. I leave you with more ridiculously cute photos. Cheers!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Those pups are too cute! Glad to see you blogging again. :)

Sarah said...

Check out the Waukesha County Fair "Fair Fun Run 5K" Sure it's not a marathon, but its a mixed terrain course that ends at a Kiwanis Pancake breakfast (just $5 extra). Here's the link: http://www.zapevent.com/listactivities.aspx?eventid=1417

I won't be running it, but I'll be working at the Fair for it! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, i want to steal your puppies! clay is too cute. :)

and i'm jealous that you saw the brewers! what game did you go to?

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches said...

Your title rocks my world. Sometimes, you just need to let the pottymouth do its thang...and yay for the Pikes Peak hike! :)

Laura said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Nicole - thank you - how's your summer going so far?

Sarah - that race sounds like fun! I've got a work event later that day but will think about running this one. You say pancakes, and I'm sold.

SarahLearns - thanks for stopping by! I'm checking out your blog now :-) I have been to several Brewers games this season, the photo is from one of the Giants series (Memorial Day weekend).

Lindsay - haha, thank you - the pottymouth may come out during those first 3 miles of switchbacks when we're doing the PPC hike! I was thinking about those today and my quads started aching.