Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Treasures from Trader Joe's

Hello, friends - how's your week going? Are ya ready for the THREE DAY WEEKEND? I couldn't be more excited!


This week has been a busy one (what else in new?), but productive. Tonight, Zak and I are kicking back and watching Wayne's World. It's been ages since we've seen it and it's ridiculously funny!


Plus, we love all of the Milwaukee references. There's the Laverne & Shirley scene...
Hilarious.
And of course, the Alice Cooper backstage scene where he gives Wayne and Garth a history lesson, and says "Actually - it's pronounced Mil-ee-wauk-eh, which is Algonquin for the good land." When he invites the guys to hang out in the dressing room, they freak out and yell out "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" Classic :-)
source
We've had Alice Cooper a couple times at my workplace, and he's an incredible showman. A solid dude all around, too.


Anyhow. Pardon my tangent! What's new? After work the other night, I made a detour to Trader Joe's and picked up some goodies:
Yesssssssssssss.
It was time for a TJ's trip because my usual grocery stores (aka the ones close to my house) just don't have some of the ingredients necessary for blog recipes. 
Raw cashews, for example. Big plans for these babies: Oh She Glow's vegan cookie dough 'blizzards'. Drool.
And goat cheese in handy single-servings? Thank you Fitnessista for prompting me to pick these up. The only problem? Zak has already finished half the bag... 
Sprouted tofu sounded interesting. Have you ever tried it? I want to make Paige at Running Around Normal's parmesan crusted tofu marinara
And these salsa-style refried pinto beans sounded great. Fact: I eat refried beans at least three times per week. Aside from the sodium, they are relatively healthy and a great source of fiber and vegetarian protein!

And this stuff is just naughty... finally splurged on some medjool dates and TJ's peanut butter-filled pretzels. Yummm.


Don't worry, I didn't forget some TJ's treats for the pups...
Blue sez: I can haz puppy treatz?
Open the box. Now!
Please? I'm not looking at the camera until you give me a damn treat.
And look who has finally learned 'Sit'? Good puppy! 
You do the talking: What are your favorite TJ's products?
I really wanted to find that peanut flour that the entire blogosphere is obsessed with, but my store doesn't carry it. Bummer.

What's your favorite scene / quote from Wayne's World?
I do love the part where the boys are talking about Cassandra, and Garth says "She's so hot, if she were a President, she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln." Too funny :-)

No comments: