Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crap, it's September? + Case of the Tuesdays

September = National Yoga Month - check out the YogaMonth website for a free one week yoga card. Namaste, people!
Today, September 1st, also marked the first official day of Pumpkin Spice Latte season at Starbucks. I recommend it with soy milk and extra cinnamon :-)
Couldn't sleep last night - perhaps it has something to do with staying up until the wee hours with the sister all weekend? I tried boring reading material (ahem, Forbes Magazine), laying in the dark with the lights off (tried for 2 hours!), etc. At about 1AM I gave in and decided to work with the insomnia - if you can't beat it, join it right? I dug out Eclipse (the third Twilight series book) by Stephenie Meyer and READ THE ENTIRE BOOK.
Cover to cover! There were a couple boring passages that I skimmed through, but like the other Twilight books - I will most certainly read it again. 
Without sounding too much like a teenybopper... I LOVE TWILIGHT. Gosh. I even named my new car Edward, lol.
Can't wait for the new movies to come out - New Moon on November 20 and Eclipse on June 30, 2010. Gahhh! 
Do you guys love Twilight as much as I do?
It was about 4AM when I finished up and decided to try sleeping again. Ughhhh.
This morning at the office was not the smoothest! Things are getting busy again and while I thrive in a fast-paced setting, the stress levels are creeping back up there. 
I had planned to meet my friend Stefanie after work at the gym, however wasn't sure how I'd feel at the end of the workday due to the lack of sleep. Surprisingly - I felt - GREAT! After the stressful day at the office, I was ready to sweat.
Stefanie and I ended up near-missing each other - she finished up with work early while I was running late - but it was good to have a chat in the locker room. Stefanie is getting married in 221 days and I am one proud Maid of Honor! 
The workout - 3 miles, 40 minutes of the iPhone "Go Run" run / walk program, about 300 calories burned. I am up to 1.5 minutes of running to 2 minutes of walking! 
About 2/3 of the way through the workout, I started to experience a painful side stitch. In response, I decreased my speed during the walking sequences and eventually felt better. 
Going to try and catch some sleep now! G'night.

No comments: