Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

On the road, again.

On the road again -
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is making music
 with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again -
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way
is on the road again.
Don't pretend, even for a second, that you don't also appreciate this song. Willie Nelson is a genius, haha. I had it stuck in my head earlier as I prepped for today's destination, the horse farm. It had been about four weeks since I'd been out to ride, and I was looking to get a great workout; for me, and also for Chance. 
The weather sucked -rain, rain and more rain- but once I arrived at the farm, it let up into a fine mist. Luckily, there is an indoor arena that's perfect for days like this.
Someone made a rookie error and brought a treat bucket out to pasture, in hopes of coaxing Chance away from the other horses and get his halter on. That someone almost got her arm broken when three horses started to all go after the treat. The bucket's wire handle was clamped to my arm, but I managed to get it off and throw the bucket on the ground, leaving the horses to bicker over it. I am okay, but it was pretty scary for a few seconds.

Once I got Chance indoors, I was faced with a crabby, hangry and very wet horse.
I mean, come on. He's even sticking his tongue out in this picture.
He started to come around once I dried him off a bit, using a squeegee type tool (I'm not joking). Chance always loves being groomed.
Chance and I worked for about an hour, doing some basic drills around little traffic cones. He was moving pretty well, and his canter (galloping gait) was nice and smooth. As good as our session was, I missed having my instructor around. Unfortunately, I think I will have to go it solo with Chance until February; the instructor is not available on weekends anymore. No bueno.

How's your Saturday going? Any big plans for tonight?


Zak has a hockey game and we're hanging out with some of his family. Should be fun.

No comments: