Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Traveling Wilburys

Friends, I'm in a travelin' mood today. 


Well it's all right, riding around in the breeze
Well it's all right, if you live the life you please
Well it's all right, doing the best you can
Well it's all right, as long as you lend a hand

You can sit around and wait for the phone to ring (End of the Line)
Waiting for someone to tell you everything (End of the Line)
Sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring (End of the Line)
Maybe a diamond ring


Fact: Up until a couple years ago, I thought this song was by the Allman Brothers. You know, because the lyrics say "Well it's all right." Not so much. 


For whatever reason, I've got this song stuck in my head today. I am currently at the Denver Airport, and just successfully (knock on wood) wrestled with the WiFi enough to get a post going. In a few minutes, I will meet up with Kath from KERF, Gina aka The Fitnessista, Ashley from Edible Perspective and Emily from The Front Burner. We're all on the same flight to San Francisco! Talk about being among great company. 


The flight to Denver was pretty normal. My stomach has been in knots all morning, but I tamed it with some Diet Dr. Pepper and candy. 

I believe the phrase is, "Yum-o?"

If you fly Frontier Airlines, you seriously have to try their "Deep in the Red" candy mix. It used to be called "Foxy's Passion" with a hilarious image of a sugar-buzzed fox on the label. I am not quite sure what happened, but the candy is still pretty tasty with licorice, Swedish Fish, Juju coins among other sugary treats.

Once I arrived in Denver, I hit up Caribou Coffee for a fruit cup and an iced latte. 

Fruitalicious.

While I enjoyed these, I gazed longingly at the lounge. 

I didn't really want a drink right then, but the idea was nice. I feel like having a glass of wine at an airport is so cosmopolitan and sophisticated. Perhaps I will indulge myself on the journey home?


Time to meet up with the ladies. See ya in San Francisco!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lew and I just made our fist stop on the way to the foodbuzz festival. We dropped our twins off at the grandparents and are now on the way to Nashville fly out in the morning. We look forward to meeting you in San Fransisco.
Ashlee
@ashandlewplus2.com
http://ashandlewplus2.com