I have been attending the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival in San Francisco, and it's been swell. A quick shout out to all of the awesome bloggers who are also here this weekend! I've enjoyed meeting every single one of you.
Check it out:
These are my lovely roommates for the weekend: Heather, Raya and Kaitlin.
A brief overview of activities thus far in this fair city:
- A flight in common and taxi ride alongside blogging greats Gina, Kath, Emily (hidden) and Ashley! Is that a great way to kick off a foodie vacation, or what?
- My first ever blogger dinner meet-up, organized by Diana! We dined at Millenium, a gourmet vegetarian restaurant.
- Biked along the Bay, across the Golden Gate Bridge and into Sausalito. Breathtaking, both in the beauty of the surroundings and in the fact I was getting schooled, cardio-wise.
- Ate approximately one million Mission Minis cupcakes (my fair share) while at the Foodbuzz Welcome Reception & Street Food Fare event at Fort Mason. Cameras from Food Network abound.
- Hung out at Tacolicious, an awesome restaurant / lounge in the Marina district (aka B-Weezy's 'hood). Photos later.
- Met Tina from Carrots 'N Cake (finally!) - she's super nice!
I don't really care for this photo (I look creepy), but I'd hate myself if I didn't post it :-)
As I write this, it's 12AM on my last night here and I am in bed. I'd love to go out, and maybe catch some live music or go dancing, but I'm just not feeling it. Which is highly uncharacteristic of me... when I visit new places, I love to experience the local hotspots. Could my attitude have to do with just having walking 1.4 miles in 5-inch high heels?
Yes. Goodnight, San Francisco!