Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicago state of mind

I made it!
The Healthy Living Summit is nearly here, and I traveled to Chicago today via train. Gotta love Amtrak's Hiawatha service, I have zero complaints. The train was clean, the 'Quiet Car' was actually quiet, the only problem I had was that I didn't figure out the snack cart doesn't come down the aisle (you have to find it in whichever car it's stationed at). By the end of the 1.5 hour trip, I was hangry!
Once I arrived in town, I headed to dinner with Jem, Kevin and Rachel. We checked out Flacos Tacos in Printer's Place.
Cute! We ordered at the counter, found a spot, and waited for our food to come out. I was pretty parched from the train ride, so I ordered a blended strawberry margarita.
At first I thought that it was perhaps non-alcoholic, but about 20 minutes later I found that was clearly not the case! I was very happy to see my food once it arrived at the table.
I had the special, which were three mini-burritos served with rice and beans.
Each burrito was filled with "Chihuahua cheese, Mexican rice, pinto beans, roasted poblano peppers, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, and a creamy vegan avocado sauce served in soft warm corn tortillas." I finished all but a couple bites of the burritos, and maybe 1/3 of the refried beans. Guess I was hungry!
After dinner we headed to Jem and Kevin's high-rise condo. They had to hit the road, so I now have the place to myself for the night. I decided to check out the balcony and breathtaking city views.
22 floors up!
It doesn't get better than this. Well, maybe if I had some type of chocolate.
Time to hit the hay! Tomorrow, as part of the Healthy Living Summit, I will tour the Frito Lay plant in Beloit, Wisconsin with a bunch of other bloggers. Should be interesting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can't beat a good taco meal! Hope you had a blast at HLS. Just found your blog so thought I'd say hello. :)

Laura said...

Hi Lindsay - thanks for the comment! And thanks for checking out my little piece of the blogosphere. I am headed to yours now! :)