Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Muddy recap

This week is chuggin' right along... I am really looking forward to the weekend, as I am sure you are as well.
Tonight I ran for about 25 minutes, covering just under 2 miles. The running is slowwwwly getting easier! I just have to keep at it.
Dinner was pretty typical - a salad with veggies and hummus, and cottage cheese. And olives. Gotta have olives.
Flash back to this past Sunday, Zak and I were up dark and early at 4AM to drive to the Columbia Muddy Buddy race. Zak competed with his sister Jem, and against her fiance Kevin and his friend.
The race is a combination of mountain bike riding and running, with obstacles through a very muddy course. They have a giant mud pit obstacle at the end, and partners crawl through it together then run through the finish line.
I had an awesome time as a spectator, a lot of participants wore costumes and they made for fun people-watching. My faves:
Who you gonna call?
Cowabunga, Dude!
Buzz and Woody (and Bullseye)
Zak and Jem didn't have any crazy costumes, but they did come armed.
Boom.
We have fun.
Jem at the front of the pack
Ruunnnnnn!
The only disappointment of the day was my cowbell fail. That's right, I brought a giant bag of cowbells to share with the other spectators, and nobody I offered them to seemed to want them. It's not like I was a cowbell creeper. Jerks!
When Zak and Jem finished, they were covered head to toe in mud. So awesome.
I ended up wearing some mud as well. Thanks, Zak.
Afterward everyone hosed off and changed clothes, we headed to Burnt Toast for some breakfast. Jem and I split the Grand Marnier French Toast, which tasted as decadent as it sounds.
That French Toast has carried me through the week, I swear.
Tomorrow's Friday - TGIF! G'night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! That salad is going to be mimicked today!