Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sunny, with a chance of Chana

Good afternoon!
It's another sunny, breezy day here in Milwaukee. For today's lunch break, I ran an errand about 10 blocks away (walked instead taking my car), enjoying the sights along the way.
Afterward, I picked up my very favorite takeout lunch... Chana Masala from Shah Jee's!
Enjoyed at the lovely Cathedral Square Park.
Chana Masala, peas and cheese, basmati rice with cilantro chutney, roti. I am 99% sure the lovely oily spots you see are from ghee (clarified butter) in the recipe, and I enjoyed every last buttery bite.
Question of the Day - What is your favorite lunch? I love me some Chana Masala from Shah Jee's! If I pack a lunch, my go-to favorite is a good old fashioned PB&J sandwich on whole grain bread.

2 comments:

Nicci said...

My go-to- favs would also be a good pb&j sandwich or tuna one.

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

Mmmm I heart channa masala!!! When I had to go to work I would always pack a salad, fruit, and veggies. usually a homemade granola bar as well, but I rarely went out. Boring or what?! I think I eat out more now that I am home everyday than when i was actually out!

I am seriously drooling over your lunch!

xxoo