SPORTea® is a delicious, high performance beverage formulated for active people desiring a nutritious alternative to coffee, soda, alcohol, and sugary "athletic" drinks. SPORTea® is good news for dieters and health seekers as well. When SPORTea® was first created by a well known Colorado herbist, he developed this unique beverage with 4 goals in mind:
1. It needed to fit their active, busy lifestyle by being easy to make and consume.
2. It needed to provided them with not only a good taste, but also a bit of a lift, a feeling ofsustained energy, whenever they need one.... not that typical energy burst/bust feeling! 3. It needed to offer a real honest-to-goodness healthy alternative to all the sugary, caffeine loaded, artificially sweetened, and carbonated beverage choices in the marketplace. 4. It needed to provide key everyday health and nutritional benefits as well.
What makes SPORTea® so unique, is also as much about what it doesn't contain as it is about what it does contain. The formulators wanted people to have a beverage that was good for a person to drink all day long, much like water, and therefore it was important to them that SPORTea® have no negative attributes.Therefore SPORTea® does not give you: 1. The "surge-sink' let down syndrome so often associated with drinking regular caffeinated and sugary beverages. SPORTea® is a decaff equivalent and has NO sugar! It energizes via overall body performance efficiency improvement and not a riveting injection into the central nervous system.
2. The extra calories associated with juices, soda, or sugary sport drinks. SPORTea® has "0" calories!
3. The potentially negative aspects of consuming diet drinks with artificial sweeteners (see studies). SPORTea® contains nothing Artificial and is 100% natural!
4. The dry unsavory after-taste associated with so many different types of beverages (other than water). that really do not quench your thirst. SPORTea® has a clean and refreshing flavor with no after-taste and truly does quench your thirst!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Bright and Sunny
Had a great evening at work last night - Pete Yorn was fantastic! I highly recommend that you check him out if he's around your town :-) He's got an album recorded with Scarlett Johannson that's coming out in September.
I just want to say THANK YOU!!! to all of the new people who checked out my blog last night! This blog received over 60 hits and that makes me very happy. I am so glad you stopped by and am glad to be joining this wonderful, supportive community of bloggers.
This morning I awoke early for an 8AM meeting. The tummy is feeling much better today!
My meeting was with Leslie from the Lakefront Marathon. She suggested that we meet at Alterra Coffee on Milwaukee's Lakefront - what a great idea! It is a gorgeous, sunny morning and we met outside on the patio. Alterra Coffee Roasters is a great Milwaukee-based company, boasting fair-trade very strong coffee. I just love 'em.
After our meeting, I picked up an iced SPORTea and a reduced-fat raspberry scone. I am now enjoying these at my desk.
SPORTea is frickin' awesome. It tastes citrusy and sligtly tangy, with a smooth mellow "tea" like undertone. I prefer it iced as its very refreshing on a summer day like today. Here are some of the benefits of SPORTea from the product's website. Maybe some of you runners out there might like to try it as a mid-run or post-run recovery drink?