Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Finally Friday

Can I get an Amen to that? Friday! Yes.
Today is going to go by quickly, and tonight will be a fun one. We have not one, but THREE events going on at work:
- Point Fish Fry & A Flick at Milwaukee's Lakefront at Discovery World Museum. It's a free outdoor movie series with a retail bazaar, beer a-plenty and good food. Tonight, we're showing PULP FICTION. That's right, no kids allowed. It's gonna be awesome!
- Tracy Chapman @ Pabst Theater, complete with pre- and post-concert dance party by PUMP! DJs. Tracy Chapman = "Gimme One Reason," "Fast Car," etc. Yes!
- Daniel Johnston @ Turner Hall Ballroom. He's a genius. Don't know if I'll make it over there, but it should be an amazing show. A Milwaukee band The Candleiers are opening and also backing Daniel.
What are your plans for this weekend?
I packed a bunch of good eats today as I am gonna be one busy gal!
- Stonyfield Organic Plain Yogurt, with frozen blueberries and Alterra Coffee Roasters granola
A review of granola will come later today, once I try it out :-)
- The last of my whole wheat pasta, bean and tuna salad with herbed feta
- Kashi Chewy Cherry Dark Chocolate bar and Country Cheddar crackers
- Breakfast on the go - one piece of Health Nut bread, spread with PB&Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams (1 tbsp) and Roundy's Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
Sooooo delicious. 
On the way in, I picked up a 'Venti' Iced Coffee with Soy from Starbucks. This + the aforementioned 1/2 sandwich are my favorite breakfast to get fueled up for a busy day!
What is your favorite meal / snack combination for a busy day?
If the Coach handbag looks familiar, I bought it from Angela's Shop 4 a Cause (benefitting the Canadian Cancer Research Fund) in June! LOVE it.
Time to get cracking at my multiple tasks. See you soon :-)
I wanna hear from you guys today!
What is your favorite late summer outdoor activity?
What kinds of entertainment options does your city offer during the summer?

2 comments:

AnnieM said...

Fave snack combo for a busy day: I usually enjoy a whole wheat bagel with almond butter and low fat cream cheese, a piece of whole fruit, and a big ass cup of coffee. That gets me going.

Laura said...

MMMMmmmm! Sounds good sista