Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bumble Bars & Golden Girls

Good evening!
I had a fun time at the salon tonight - my friend Becky does my hair, and she rocks. She is based out of Erik of Norway Salon & Spa in Mequon. It had been a few months since my last visit, it sure feels great to have my "hair did." I tried taking a couple pics of my 'do, but the lighting is weird so I'll try in natural light tomorrow morning :-) I feel golden and love that Aveda salon fragrance from the hair products.
On the way to the salon, I was pretty hungry so I decided to try the 'Chai with Almond' Bumble Bar that I picked up yesterday. 
The first bite was good, I loved the texture of the sesame seeds and almonds and other stuff. The taste was a warm, sticky honey flavor.
But the aftertaste... BLECH!!! It tasted musty and floral, like eating potpourri. Not good. I tried maybe 1/4 of the bar and couldn't take another bite. :-( It's sad because it has good ingredients and lots of nutrition in that bar, but the taste... yuck! I have another Bumble Bar to try in the 'Original with Almonds' flavor, hopefully that will taste better!
I got home at 8:30, totally famished. I decided to make a quick tuna and bean pasta salad as I've been low on protein (the last complete protein I ate was on Saturday night!). 
In the mix = 1/3 package of Barilla Plus rotini plus a couple handfuls of the Whole Foods shells
Boiled for about 11 min. and then drained. Then,
+ 1 can of diced tomatoes
+ 1 can of dark red kidney beans
+ small can of sliced black olives 
(all pre-drained)
+ couple tablespoons of Newman's Own Light Italian dressing
Et voila! This made about 4-6 servings... or 2.5 if you're my boyfriend ;-)
I grabbed a few scoops to eat right away. To my bowl, I added a tablespoon of herbed feta + 1 small can of albacore tuna. Wanted to toss in some baby spinach but we're out.
I ate about 2/3 of the bowl. It was good but with pasta salads I really prefer for the flavors to meld together for a few hours before enjoying. I am sure it will make a terrific lunch for tomorrow!
I'm off to read some blogs and relax before hitting the hay. I may resume reading "Revolutionary Road," has anyone else read that or seen the movie? I feel like I ruined the book for myself by watching the movie first. It's annoying when that happens.
Anyhow, cheers to a relaxing evening!

No comments: